Wellington Power Boat Club Inc
The Wellington Club was formed as an incorporated Society in November 1957. Racing started at Evans Bay then moved out to Porirua Harbour. The club purchased a boat shed where the existing club stands now, then in the 70’s the boat shed next door was purchased and a few dedicated members ripped a few walls out and joined the two clubs together to form the Wellington Power Boat Clubrooms. In 1993 the Club pulled them down and built the clubrooms we have to-day with the help of a significant donation from Sir Len Southward. These rooms were officially opened in January 1994.